Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Patterns

When I started crocheting, I remember looking at patterns and thinking, "WOW, these people are SO smart...how in the world do they come up with these patterns and write them out like this! I surely will NEVER be able to do that!" I specifically remember telling some friends that I was the "type" who could follow a pattern but would NEVER be able to make my own.

Well, remember the old saying,

"Never say never?"
I learned my lesson. I typed and listed my first pattern for sale today. {insert applause here}

It's more than just a step in my crocheting education. It is a life lesson as well. It's amazing what you can do with some practice and perseverance. It's amazing to see how naturally things come with experience. There are still lots of complicated patterns that I look at and marvel at the creativity and detail and I'm tempted to think to myself, I'll never be that good. But who knows? The possibilities are endless! None of us is a "type". We can be whatever we choose.

THANK YOU to all of you who support my "addiction"! There is no better feeling than to see someone enjoy my creations!

I am hoping to be posting many more patterns in the coming weeks!

4 comments:

  1. That's awesome. I must admit I am definitely guilty of the old, I could never do that. For now I will continue to buy your beautiful creations, but maybe someday I learn to make myself a dishcloth or something :).

    By the way, do I get some sort of prize {aside from being your favorite cousin} for being the first commenter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your new blog. You are sure making a lot of hats. You must keep very busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The girl to the left looks freakishly familiar. I'm proud of you and amazed at all the beautiful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is so fun! I do not crochet but I appreciate those that do.

    ReplyDelete